Saturday, March 2, 2013

American Idol Sudden Death: Top 40's Bryant Tadeo Final Performance on the Idol Stage

American Idol Bryant Tadeo, Filipino

Bryant Tadeo is a 23 years old Filipino from Hilo, Hawaii. I remember him in the earlier rounds admits being stressed out and tired from the rigors of the competition. This is an understandable position given that being in a competition is really a tiring affair. Don't be fooled by his laid back front. Bryant is all heart and passion. He has a making of a great crooner and balladeer whom Filipino male singers are known for.
Bryant Tadeo performs Billy Joel's "New York State of Mind".
American Idol Bryant Tadeo Performs: Sudden Death Round
Here's what the judges said based on his performance.
Keith Urban: "I don't know how that came through for everybody at home. But if you are sitting here in the arena tonight, you be on your feet 'cause everybody here was. ... You have a beautiful voice. That was really a good song for you and that you handled it really well. And that everybody got to up off their feet really quickly when you started singing, for me, it says you made a connection and that is what I am listening and feeling for."
Nicki Minaj: "Babe, I love that last note that you did. The falsetto and the run, I thought that was ...
Bryant: "I decided on that the last minute..."
Nicki: "Well, I thank that you did it ' cause I didn't like anything else."
Bryant: "WOW!"
Randy Jackson: "This is funny though..."
Bryant: " Is she just kidding? No!"
Randy Jackson: "I love the beginning, but I was waiting for it to go somewhere by the end. The first couple of lines I was 'AHHH! This is gonna be nice. Oh my God, I love the tone and the beautiful voice'. But it never quite went there for me. You know what I mean?
Mariah Carey: "I think what people responded to when you first started singing was the fact you sounded professional and the tonality of your voice was beautiful with that song. I have to say...You know it's a beautiful song. I felt there were a couple of moments where you kinda got lost in there. You probably know where, but not totally lost . There was some moment..."
Bryant: "It's the excitement. I gotta little bit lost, but I kept it though..."
Mariah: "The excitement is always gonna get you. So you gotta reel it in. But I appreciate the fact that you have raw talent. I don't now if this is your greatest performance ever but you are a talented person."
I think this love-hate relationship with the judges, particularly with Nicki, did hurt him a bit in his bid for a top 20 spot.
It's only Keith and the audience who like his performance. This is surely good grounds for a great comeback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...